Unless you are lucky enough to reside in a fishing community or harvest fish yourself, buying frozen seafood is the best way to ensure the freshest product on your dinner table.
4 Key Reasons for Choosing Frozen over Fresh Seafood
- Reduce your environmental impact. Fresh fish has to be shipped by air to reach most consumers; frozen can be freighted by ship, rail, or truck with significantly lower environmental impact.
- Lock in the quality. The quality of seafood cannot be improved once the fish leaves the water, it can only be maintained
- Get the best seafood year-round. Taste and nutrition are locked in when fish is frozen at sea, and you’re never restricted to just what’s available fresh today.
- Previously Frozen product is often times displayed in stores’ seafood counters but what it really is is frozen fish, thawed or slacked out, and laid out on ice to depict a “fresh from water” look.
Tried and Tested Thawing Instructions
- Remove all packaging. Place fillets in a covered dish and thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Quick thawing instructions, remove all packaging. Place fillets in a resealable bag and thaw under cold running water for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
There are more reasons why nothing’s fresher than frozen when it comes to seafood and even more new innovative, frozen seafood for you to enjoy. Make sure to follow us: